Need help during open enrollment? The library has free internet, access to online forms, Medicare & You booklets, and more! The open enrollment period for coverage under the Affordable Care Act runs from Thursday, November 1, 2018, to Saturday, December 15, 2018 and the library has resources to help.
The plans at healthcare.gov are designed to last the whole year and cover a wide range of medical care, including lab tests, prescription medicines, preventative care, and care for mental health.
Here are a few things to remember:
- If you don’t enroll by December 15, you can’t get 2019 coverage unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Coverage starts on January 1, 2019 for 2019 after you pay your first premium.
- You might end up having more available plan options for 2019 coverage. More insurers are joining the exchanges in Virginia.
- You can sign-up on healthcare.gov (cuidadodesalud.gov for Spanish) or by calling 1-800-318-2596 (TTY 1-855-889-4328).
If you are re-enrolling, you will need a few things before you get started:
- Marketplace account username and password
- Social security card or Permanent Resident card
- W-2 tax form or proof of income
- List of your current doctors and medicines
Remember that all of our library branches are equipped with computers and wifi so that you can sign-up with ease.