What is digital inclusion?
Digital inclusion refers to the activities necessary to ensure that all individuals and communities, including the most disadvantaged, have access to and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs).
Five elements of digital inclusion:
- Affordable, robust broadband internet service
- Internet-enabled devices that meet users’ needs
- Access to digital literacy training
- Quality technical support
- Apps and online content designed to enable and encourage self-sufficiency, participation and collaboration
What resources are available at JMRL?
- Computers and WiFi for public use in every branch
- WiFi hotspots to checkout
- Equipment to scan or digitize personal materials
- Downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines
- Database resources
- Chromebooks for use inside library branches
- Free computer tutorials at every branch
Want to build your skills?
The Central Library is offering a series of three workshops through Grow With Google:
Grow With Google – Power Your Job Search with Google Tools
MONDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2019, 2 – 3PM
Discover new job opportunities using Google Search, and learn how to organize and enhance your job search experience using G Suite tools.
Grow With Google – Digital Skills for Everyday Tasks
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2019, 2 – 3PM
Learn how to manage work and life tasks more effectively using Google tools. Whether you want to build a budget, create a meeting agenda or organize your priorities, these best practices will boost your productivity.
Grow With Google – Design Thinking for Entrepreneurs
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2019, 2 – 3PM
Discover how to create a collaborative environment where everyone is responsible for design. You will go through design challenges and sprints that can be incorporated into any workplace or startup, to unlock creativity and innovative thinking.